Friday, July 1, 2011

Criminal Check Thursday

Blogger wouldn't let me post last night, so this update is actually for Thursday.
Woohoo! My criminal check came in the mail today! I have been waiting, literally, two months for it. It was supposed to take 20 working days. I'm so relieved it's finally here, now I can get this show on the road. I've got it and my degrees all packaged up to courier to get apostilled tomorrow. Hopefully they will be back next week.

1) My criminal check, obviously.

2) I've got an interview request from an academy in Bucheon. I think I'd like to live there. I did want to work Public school, but this place pays well, has ok hours (12-7pm), and reckons I can have up to three months unpaid vacation time. That's all I know. It's good to get a request, and I definitely want that vacation time, but one big worry is that it is a *Christian* academy. What does this mean?? I don't know :) I'll have to ask.

3) I sat and talked with some other teachers at lunch today. Normally I'm a total loner-workaholic, but I decided to stop today and get to know people more. It was really nice, and there's one teacher, Hannah, who sits down the desk from me, and she seems very cool. I'm pleased to have such a positive work environment.

4) On the subject of work, I've got a pretty interesting/challenging week next week. I've been moved to young-learners in the morning, and a beginners class in the arvo, two totally different classes from what I'm used to. This is good because it'll be more like what I can expect in Korea.

5) And lastly, I'm planning on spending Saturday afternoon with Janetta, which will be a nice catch-up! We haven't seen each other much lately, and it's always fun to hear about her art course and what she's up to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment