Friday, July 22, 2011

Another freezing Friday

Can I just start by saying 
Hi mum! I know you a reading this :)

So, today I talked to Richard about the IELTS class and he said he'd think about what to do over the weekend. I was half hoping he'd just swap me out with another teacher since next week is my last week anyway, but that doesn't seem to be where he's at. He thought he might come and do some speaking tests for them himself. This makes me feel a little bit better, but I still feel that I'm not what they paid for!

1) Some of my favourite young learners left today, and they all wanted to have their photo taken with me and to tell me they thought I was a good teacher and that they liked my class. I'm sure it was mostly politeness, but it was nice regardless.

2) I called my mum and had a great chat!

3) I fixed a jam in the photocopier at work. The other teacher in the room was surprised. Everyone else just opens them up and fiddles aimlessly until the offending bit of paper gets pulled out. I followed the on-screen instructions the copier gave me and the jam was removed in a jiffy. People can be pretty dumb... just read the instructions folks!

4) A crazy guy talked to me at the bus stop today. Normally I'd be really embarrassed and walk away, but today I wondered why I had an urge to do that and I stayed and made understanding faces at appropriate moments (I couldn't understand a word he was saying, so I hope I made the right faces). This made me feel like a better person. He had bad teeth though, and it made me wonder if people bother giving braces to mentally disabled people? I just don't know.

5) Only one week of work left!!

No comments:

Post a Comment