Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hired because I like yoga?? Tuesday.

Wow, I already find Korea weird, and I'm not even there yet. I got a call today saying I was in the final two people the school is choosing between. It's between me and a married soldier. Apparently they like my application because I do yoga. Well, that's certainly not the selling point I was expecting them to pick up on! You know, my degree, master's, CELTA, and now teaching experience are nothing in the face of the fact I do yoga. That will certainly enable me to teach Korean youth English better than a non-yoga doer. Well, whatever, I'll take any edge I can get! I'm feeling pretty positive, this might be the one!! Fingers crossed :)

1) I'm pretty close to being hired by a neat sounding school in Korea. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Pleased, obviously, and I'm fairly calm at the moment. I guess I'm saving the nerves until I know for sure.

2) I want to buy a down jacket, a long one to keep warm here and in Korea. I had a look around the shops today and they're all over $500. That just seems too much! But, I looked on-line and Kathmandu is having a sale, what I want is half price from them, so I'm going into the store on late-night Thursday. Hopefully they'll have what I want!!

3) I just spent that last half and hour playing computer dress-up dolls. Yeah, I'm 23 and I like pretty fairy pictures. My fave was the Lady Ga-Ga doll, but I also made this fairy:

Yeah, I'm distracting myself from possibly worrying about Korea. So far, it's working!

4) Brook made me dinner again. Lasagne this time. It was nice, warm, and cheesy - a great combination on a cold winter nigth!
5) Tomorrow we're going out to dinner and to the Auckland stardome. I'm excited about going, I've never been to a stardome before. I reckon it'll be pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment