Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sunny Saturday

I had a lovely walk with Jessie and Dad this morning, before the bad weather blew back in. I was sunny and clear. The beach looked amazing, and it was really refreshing and relaxing.

1) Did I tell you I've got a job interview in Korea on Monday evening? Well, I do. For a public school job in Pyeontaek (or however you spell it!). If the interview goes well, and I find out that the house/school are close together and not too far from civilisation, I'll probably take it. My only worry is that it might be a bit rural. I've been living a bit rural all my life, and wanted to try the big city for a change. It might mean a bigger apartment though, which is a semi-important consideration. So, I have a list of questions and if the answers balance in their favour, off we go! I'm excited.

2) My walk in the sun was awesome.

3) We're having Matt's birthday dinner this evening. Steak tartare, pork belly, and chocolate-mocha trifle. Yum!

4) I've been having some fantastic conversations with mum and dad. Sometimes I forget how good it is to talk to people who actually think things. I've decided, because of this, to make a conscious effort to make some new friends. I'm going to start by asking this really nice girl at work if she'd maybe like to have coffee or something after work. That's how you do it, isn't it? Get together with people and make friends?

5) I've also decided that my daily routine needs a make-over. I'm not getting any exercise and am stressed because I'm working too much and not playing enough. I'm going to do my week's lesson planning tomorrow, all my photocopying on Monday afternoon, and then go into work later and not lesson plan after work. With this extra time I'm going to do 1/2 an hour of yoga every morning, and read and play the computer in the evening, or go out with friends, etc. This should help me feel healthier and more on top of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment