Thursday, July 28, 2011

But it's all ok (or will be) Thursday

So, I was feeling pretty bummed this morning. I was feeling like I was really starting to move forward with getting to Korea, and then this set-back! I felt stalled, thwarted, frustrated, and pretty negative. Somehow, though, throughout the day, this feeling wore off, and I'm back to happy-positive-hopeful :) This was thanks, in part, to soaking up the happiness of my students. The last half of my morning class was taken up with making brochures, and I had them colouring, cutting, glueing, and just generally having a creative time. They got really into it, and I had to promise them we'd have time for them to finish their projects tomorrow. So, that was nice, and then in my afternoon class we played a board game. It was a bit silly - a 'what would you do if...' game, like 'what would you do if you had a dinosaur as a pet', or 'what would you do if you were a bug'. I thought they'd find it too childish and complain that it had nothing to do with IELTS, but they went at it really well, and seemed to find it really fun. It was pretty funny listening to them talk about if they were a movie star, or if they had a teleporter! The students' good mood rubbed off on me, I'm pleased to say.

1) Had a fun day teaching.

2) Came to terms with losing Pyeongtaek, and probably all chance of getting a public school position in Gyeonggi. I've widened my search to now include private schools, which effectivly means my holidays for the year get halved. I'm going to hold out for a good deal though, I don't want to take a cut like that and get no benefits!

3) I'm going to hot yoga with Jetts tomorrow evening. I'm kind of looking forward to it, kind of dreading it. At least it will be warm, but I've been so inactive lately, I bet it's going to be torture! Also, all my gym clothes are at mum and dad's house, so I'm going to have to wear track pants... in a yoga sauna. Oh dear!

4) I made crumbed chicken and couscous for dinner. It was yummy, and feels like the first 'proper' meal I've cooked in ages. It was all done on the stove top using only two burners, and I thought 'Ha! I could make this in Korea!'. Assuming, of course, that they have couscous. Which is doubtful :D

5) Tonight I'm not going to bum around on the internet for hours. I am going to go and read a book.


No comments:

Post a Comment