Saturday, July 23, 2011

Surprise Saturday

So, tonight I'm taking Brook to see USA play Canada (he's part Canadian) in ice hockey. I'm pretty excited, I've only seen really amateur ice hockey games, and I think the skills will be pretty impressive. Hopefully it's not too violent! And, hopefully Brook likes it.
1) I started packing up my stuff to move home. This is both exciting and sad, but mostly exciting. It was also a bit daunting, so I figured I'd do it in small chunks. It's a bit difficult to know where to start when you're packing up your whole life, but also picking out from amongst someone else's. Just FYI, I started in the bathroom :)

2) I was at the supermarket today, and I decided I wanted some apples. I walked over to the big display of all the different types and I was just looking - honest, I was nowhere near touching them - and an apple avalanche began! They made that hollow bumping sound apples make and cascaded down onto the floor. I tried to catch some, but being a bit slow, I didn't save a single one. I hovered between embarrassed or amused and settled on amused, and burst out laughing. I wasn't sure whether to put the floor apples back or not. A just gathered them up and sat them neatly on the floor. No one wants bruised floor apples!

3) Brook told me to surprise him for his birthday dinner tomorrow, so I'm making pork belly and lemon meringue pie. Yummy :)

4) I've spent the last half an hour trying to understand the rules of ice hockey so I know what's going on tonight. I'm totally not a watching sports type person, but it's been really interesting. They sure do make some complicated and arbitrary rules for a bunch of people trying to hit a little thing into a net!

5) I've had a lovely relaxing Saturday so far. A little cooking, some grocery shopping, packing, and some reading. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment