Monday, August 1, 2011

Quickly, quickly Monday

Not only was today a very fast day, but recruiters from Korea are putting the pressure on! Today's teaching practically flew by, with a new class of intermediate students in the morning, and some upper-intermediate in the afternoon. I have kind of checked out of work mentally since I only have two days to go... it's a little hard to stay 100% committed when you're leaving. I'm not skimping on the teaching, that's for sure, but I'm not being as thorough with learning names and what not as I would be if I were staying.

As for the Korea situation... Well, I've been offered a job in Gwangju, right down the bottom of Korea. When I decided to go private school after the public thing went bust, I specified that I wanted 2.2 million won at least, in one of my preferred cities close to Seoul, with a two room apartment. I'd also quite like to teach kindergarten. This job offer is none of those things, but it comes very highly recommended and is about 10 hours a week less than any other job available. It goes from 1.30 pm to 7.30 pm - which is another of my worries. I'm really not a night time person! I know I can just push my day forward, though, and hopefully work fine and have energy after work. I'm not sure whether to take this job and hope for the best, or hold on for something I'm 100% comfortable with (which I'm not sure is even possible anyway). Also, they are urging me to make a decision quickly because their current teacher is leaving this week. I'm trying not to hurry my deliberations. I keep wavering back and forth between 'just do it' and 'no! it's not right!'. I'm talking to the director through Skype in about an hour, so hopefully he will be horrible and make my decision for me :)

1) I ate apple with peanut butter for the first time today. It was yum! Almost as great as apple with cheese.

2) I bought my mum's birthday present. It is awesome, and that's all I'm saying :D

3) A couple of my old students wanted my email address today so that when I go to Korea they can get in contact and maybe meet up with me.

4) I might be stressing a bit about this job thing, but I should remember how lucky I am to be able to choose. To have too many choices, in fact. How many people can say that about their employment at the moment?

5) I love you, mum and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment