Thursday, August 18, 2011

Moved out Thursday

I mostly moved out of Brown's Bay today, and back home with my parents. I'm really pleased that I get this time to spend with them before both they and I jet off overseas. I'm a little sad about leaving my little house, though. It was my first real 'home' other than home with mum and dad. I've flatted in a ton of different places, but with Brook in Brown's Bay was the first time I really felt like it was my home, and not just somewhere I slept. So, little Brown's Bay house, I will miss you!

1) My passport is at the Chinese embassy in Wellington. Hopefully the visa process is quick!

2) I went to the doctor today to find out about any immunisations I need for China. Luckily I only needed one for typhoid, and they had it in stock and could do it right there. So, I'm all immunised and ready to go :) No typhoid for me!

3) I'm trying to teach Jessie to 'die' on command. Sam and Charles' dog Buster rolls over on his back when you hold your hand like a gun and say 'bang'. Jessie can already roll-over, we just need to get her to do it on 'bang'. I am determined to get this trick down before I leave :) I really love my dog.

4) It was a gorgeous sunny day today, and when I went for a walk to return my library books I had warm sun the whole way. In the shade it's still freezing, but sun makes it better.

5) I got an e-mail from my friend Jenni, who is living in Queenstown. She's moving back to Auckland soon, and I'm hoping to see her before I leave :)

No comments:

Post a Comment