Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Planet of the Apes Tuesday

We went and saw the new (prequel) Planet of the Apes today. It was so well done! The apes looked super realistic, though the whole movie was a bit sad - not exactly full of laughs, but very good. I'd recommend giving it a go. the reason we went to the movies in the middle of the day is that it finally hit Brook that I was leaving soon(ish) and he's gone all clingy and I-want-to-spend-time-with-you. If he keeps going at this rate, I'll be pleased to leave! Nah, it's not THAT bad :)

Anyway, I had an interview for a job in Turkey today. Yeah, I know Korea, right? Well, I applied for this job randomly on Trademe, and they wanted to interview me. I'm really hoping they don't put me through to the next round, otherwise I'm going to pee myself with fear at having to drastically change my plans and move to a small Muslim town in Turkey. Haha, nah that'd be pretty exciting! Turkey, not peeing myself. I think the interview went well. I rambled on about cultural sensitivity and God knows what else, but the school sounds very progressive and interesting. The deal is the same as Korea (ie: paid accommodation and airfares), so it's a win-win situation.

1) The quinoa breakfast experiment went well. I made quinoa porridge with cinnamon apple and toasted almonds, and it was pretty tasty and very filling. Here is a photo:



2) Planet of the Apes was very enjoyable.

3) I spent some time reading on the couch with Brook and watching the fish. It was nice and relaxing.

4) My second criminal check came in the mail, so I'm ready to send off my back-up documents tomorrow to get apsotilled.

5) Prawns for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment