Saturday, August 27, 2011

Last family dinner Saturday

Today was the last time before I leave that my whole family was together for dinner. We had a really lovely evening, with mum making a gorgeous lamb recipe, and me finally getting the chocolate fondant puddings just about right (those things are pretty tricky to get cooked the correct amount). The food was lovely and I am kind of focused on how much I might miss my family over the coming year now. So, I'm working on being excited instead of sad! There's really nothing to be sad about, as Mum and Dad say they will probably come an visit me halfway through my year in Korea anyway, which will be heaps of fun!

It's really starting to sink in now that this time next week I'll be landing in Korea. It is making me feel a bit stressed out, though there's no concrete reason why. I'm trying to hold on to my happiness and strength to make this a positive experience. I want to feel relaxed, happy, and adventurous! 

1) Had another wonderful walk on the beach today in the brilliant sunshine. The weather has been so gorgeous lately!

2) I enjoyed telling mum and dad about the circus. I think they've decided to go and see it if they get the chance in future years. It really was spectacular.

3) I'm going to see Brook tomorrow. I'm sort of sad for not spending all of these last few days with my family, but he deserves some time and love too :) He thinks he may come and visit me for Christmas, which would be nice (but I'll believe it when I see it).

4) I gave the dog a bath today. She really does not seem to enjoy it, but she certainly enjoys all the extra hugs she gets for being so clean. I love my dog.

5) Yay! I totally almost got the fondant puddings cooked right - they just needed a tad more liquid chocolate in the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment