Monday, August 1, 2011

Quick Quick update (still Monday)

So, just interviewed the Hagwon (private school) owner. Yes, you read right - I interviewed him. He had no questions for me and could think of hardly anything to say other than he wanted to hire me and work with me. Not in a creepy way, in a friendly way. However, his knowledge of his own school was brief, and he was nervous about his English (poor guy), even though it was quite good (he even self-corrected his 'is/are' mistakes). He was not horrible as I had hoped. However, he was not terribly convincing, and I found out the apartment is small.

So, I looked up 'how to make decisions', and came across this gem. It basically boils down to: is this thing 'you'. I just don't think this job is 'me'. I want something new and different. The recruiter tells me Gwangju is a wonderful city of 1 million people with mountains and a sports stadium, and not too far from the sea. Well, I already live in a city of 1 million people with mountains and stuff, and I live right by the sea. I want Seoul with its unbearable bustle, pollution, and subway system. I can come live in NZ any time, I want to try something a bit different. There, I said it. I think I made a decision!

The only reason I keep coming back to consider this job is because I worry I won't get a better offer. I am in an amazing position though... I can wait for weeks till the right one comes along. So, unless I have an amazing change of heart overnight (which lest face it, is not at all impossible), I'm not going to take this job.

Haha, now to mentally compose and recompose possible emails to say 'thanks but no thanks' without offending anyone. Perhaps I should just send them a link here? I really do over-think things.

Now all I have to ask in the future is: Is this really me? Problem solved :D

No comments:

Post a Comment