Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mum's Birthday again Saturday

We celebrated Mum's birthday for the second time today. We tend to do that in my family - celebrate everything a good couple of times, just to be thorough. Today was lovely and relaxing. The weather was amazing and we went for two walks on the beach (Jessie thought she'd dies and gone to heaven - two walks in one day!), and the sun shone brilliantly the whole time. Other than that I worked on tidying up my room and unpacking from moving, so I can pack again to go to Korea! Two weeks to go!

As far as packing is concerned, I'm a bit loathe to start because I'm not even really sure where to begin. Perhaps I'll just go through my whole room and make a pile in the middle and then weed things out until I've got it all in one suitcase and a carry on? And if there's to much (I'm foreseeing some shoe issues), I'll send a box. Hopefully I can start tomorrow :)

1) Mum's birthday was great. She loved the present I got her, which was a cool frog wall hanging ornament thing. It's been hung in the kitchen and looks good!

2) I've almost succeeded in teaching Jessie to 'die' when she is 'shot'. Just a little more practice...

3) Mum made duck for dinner and it was delicious!

4) The ocean looked fantastic today. The waves were beautiful, and the sun was lovely. Hopefully we can have a couple more days like this.

5) It looks like my friend Jenni is going to make it back to Auckland to see me before I leave! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment