Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sun and Sushi Sunday

Well, I'm back in Brown's Bay to be with Brook for a couple of days, but I almost didn't make it. My trusty car wouldn't start this morning! It finally decided to give up and run, but I've got to take it to the mechanic tomorrow and see what's up. Hopefully it's not too expensive, I don't have much money left after all these travel bookings, travel shopping, and travel related expenses. Dad reckons it might be a spark-plug or something? Anyway, we will see :)

Once I got here, I've had a very nice day with Brook. We got sushi from the amazing Brown's Bay sushi shop and ate it on the beach. He told me all about the plans he has to start his own website business, which sounds really exciting, and fun! I really hope it works for him :) He's also making me hamburgers for dinner - yum!

We're going to go into Queen Street tomorrow and I'm going to check with the South Korean consulate to see if they can get my E2 visa done before I leave next Saturday. I can do it in Hong Kong, but it would be great to have it done and out of the way! If they are anything like the China visa people it should be no problem.

1) I had a great walk on the beach with mum, dad, and Jessie this morning.

2) Yummy sushi for lunch.

3) I did a little work on some lesson planning for Korea and came across a really awesome 'plan a zoo' activity. I think I teach some classes where I am free to teach what I want, and I think that kind of project would be really fun.

4) Hamburgers for dinner!

5) Brook bought me a present. He spent some time in Kerikeri last weekend with his parent and he brought back an awesome kitchen apron for me. It's red (one of my favourite colours) and is really snazzy, with a little hand towel that buttons on to wipe your hands, and a pocket, and everything. It's a great present! 

No comments:

Post a Comment