Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mum's Birthday Wednesday

Today we went out and celebrated Mum's birthday! We went to a really fantastic restaurant, 'Cibo' in Parnell. Man, was it amazing! I forgot to take pictures of the main courses, but I took a couple of shots of entrées and desserts to remember it by. The food was just outstanding. I tend to forget, in my day to day life, that food can be such an art! I mean, I enjoy eating every day (as you can tell from 'top five things' often involving food), but this place really exists on a whole other level. It was a real pleasure to share the experience with my family - thank you guys!




They had some very interesting decorating going on! 





I want to make one of these bird cage things.






Dad's dessert - Black forest brownie in it's own little fry pan.





My 'second' dessert (the first was amazingly yummy fresh doughnuts with chocolate fondue) - red velvet cupcakes. They sound delicious, but were actually the worst part of the meal. Bland and a little stodgy. So pretty though.





Mum's 'rocky road'. All the components were separate, and the chocolate part was somewhere between a fudge, a mousse, and a brownie. The berry sorbet is on top of crushed peanuts, and was so nice!





Matt's 'Devonshire Tea'. Tea infused crème brulee, scone with jam thingie and flash cream thing.

So, all in all, an awesome place to go! And I got to take my new camera on it's first test run. It seems to do everything I want it to, and I'm not the best photographer in the world, so I'm pretty sure it'll work for me :)

1) LUNCH!

2) LUNCH!

3) Spending time with my family.

4) Did I mention I enjoyed my lunch?

5) It was a gorgeous sunny day today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment