Tuesday, August 23, 2011

China Visa Tuesday

My face is back to normal size, and only my ears and chin are still irritated and itchy. I'm pleased it's been so mild! In other, more interesting, news: My passport arrived back today complete with my visa for China! I'm so relieved that it got done so quickly :)

I started packing yesterday. As you know, I was daunted by the task, but it ended up not being so bad. It took me a couple of hours to sort through everything, and I was so worried about the weight limit - how do you fit your life into 20kgs? Haha, well I mock packed my bag, including 4 pairs of shoes, and it weighed in at 10kg! I guess I don't need to worry about the weight after all :D

I'm going into Auckland with mum and dad tomorrow to buy the last few bits and bobs we all need - luggage locks, rain poncho, etc. Not too far off being done now.

I'm a little worried about getting my E2 visa in Hong Kong, but I'll just do my best, and I've been unable to get a 'residency certificate' from the IRD because they are in such a mess over the Christchurch earthquakes. Hopefully they can send me one eventually and then mum can post it over, so I don't have to pay double the tax!

1) Realising I don't have to ration my packing weight too much.

2) Getting my visa for China.

3) Setting up last minute get-togethers with friends before I go.

4) I'm going to pick up my CELTA certificate tomorrow!

5) I finally photocopied my passport, which I've been meaning to do for ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment