Friday, August 19, 2011

Power of Attorney Friday

Dad and I went and made him my 'attorney' for while I'm overseas today. It wasn't very exciting, but is another step forward. I also got an email from the China Visa people saying my visa had been done and they had couriered it back to me. It should arrive next week. It was so fast! I was worrying that I should have paid for the 'urgent' one, but they received my passport on Wednesday, sent it to the Chinese embassy yesterday, and emailed me this afternoon to say it was all done and on its way back! Man am I glad I DIDN'T pay the extra $80 or so dollars to make it faster.

I've contacted the IRD about getting a letter so I don't have to pay tax in both Korea and NZ. They told me to email them, but I thought I'd phone instead - sometimes it works better- but when I called (three times throughout the afternoon) the electronic voice told me the waiting time to talk to someone was over an hour! Haha, so I decided their email advice wasn't so bad after all.

Now I just have to decide what to pack... two weeks to go!

1) Mum made/re-heated blueberry custard danishes for breakfast this morning. Enough said, really :)

2) Another gorgeous sunny day. Still very cold, but the blue sky makes everything seems so much better.

3) I washed my bedsheets. There's not too much better than going to bed on fresh sheets with a hot water bottle. The only thing that could make it better is if they were dried on a line outside during summer.

4) I've been reading my Lonely Planet guides to Korea and Seoul, and planning some things to do. They have so many great tips about things such as national parks, hikes, caves, and things I might not think to look up, but would actually really like to see. I want to make the most of the warm weather before it turns freezing! I can visit museums in winter.

5) I'm really enjoying blogging! It's nice to think at the end of each day and remember what's made it nice, even if it's been really 'meh', I can still find nice things that I saw or did. :)

Bonus!:
6) One of my favourite Korea blogs, here, has been updated. I was afraid that she maybe got cut in the public school budget slash that lost me my first job in Pyeongtaek, but it seems she's back. I'm glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment