Thursday, August 25, 2011

Went to Town Wednesday

I went in to Auckland today and finished buying everything I need for my trip. I'm done now! No more things to think of or buy - woohoo! Apart from some small gifts for the principal, vice-principal, and my new co-teacher. I've been emailing the girl who is the native English teacher at the school (she's amazingly nice), and she thought they'd like that. I think I'll just get some stuff from the airport :)

Also this evening, Granddad came for dinner - it's the last time I'll see him before I go. He didn't seem overly interested, but we had some really nice food. I made tarte tartin for dessert (upside down French apple tart), and it was really nice! I'm generally coerced into making chocolate related things for Dad, but caramel is my favourite, so this tart was great!

1) Finishing my shopping! I now have bug repellent, a travel towel, a luggage lock, pain killers, and a rain poncho to add to my suitcase :) I got the travel towel from Kathmandu, where it was on sale for $11 (down from $40!).

2) I made a very successful tarte tartin, something I have been meaning to make for years. Every time I saw the recipe I always thought I'd like to try making it, and now I have. 

3) I got to use the self-checkout at the supermarket. Maybe it's just the novelty of it, but I think it's fun :-D

4) I got my CELTA certificate finally! I went in to work and picked it up. It's a relief to finally have it. It's safely stored in my 'going to Korea' folder.

5) I'm really really really excited about my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment