Monday, August 15, 2011

Went to Market Sunday

Brook and I went to the Brown's Bay market on Sunday morning and I got candy floss! I don't really like the candy floss in bags, but the freshly made stuff on a stick is awesome! We wandered around for a bit and I took some photos to remember it by, and possibly to show my students in Korea. Apparently most of them are really interested to see life in other countries. I figured the markets in Korea are pretty different from ours, so it's be fun to compare. I took a couple of photos of Korean stalls (one selling food and the other socks), so I could show them.


Yesterday I also went shopping and got a money belt for travelling in China, and a new camera! I knew the exact camera I wanted, so I had a bit of a look around the shops and managed to find it on sale ($20 off and a free 2GB memory card). Awesome! And it's so small.

Spending all this money makes me nervous though! I've used up half my savings already and I haven't even left yet. However, I keep reminding myself that my school is going to refund at least $1000 of my flight costs, so that makes me feel a little better. And the only thing I have left to buy (I think) are luggage locks :) Travelling sure is expensive.

1) Got my awesome new little camera.

2) Had candy floss on a stick.



3) We went bowling and I was terrible, but not the worst :D

4) There were some really cute rabbits in the pet shop in Brown's Bay.

5) I'm going to book my accommodation on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment