Monday, August 15, 2011

Now it's REALLY cold Monday

Far out - it is freezing! There's snow in all kinds of places it normally doesn't snow. Not at my house, but apparently there's been some snow/sleet like stuff in Auckland. I've just put my hot water bottle down my jumper and been fine :)

I booked all my accommodation today, and made up a word document telling me the names, addresses and directions to them all. It's all starting to come together now. I've got flights, tours, and accommodation... now for some research into things I might like to see or do, and I'll be about done!

Today I also had lunch from a new sushi place in Browns Bay that Brook wanted to try. Wow - they had the biggest selection of sushi and sushi related foods I've ever seen! The range was huge! The food was fairly good, but it was worth going just to look.

I also started (and finished) a book mum recommended - "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother", an autobiography of a self-proclaimed 'Chinese mother'. It was very readable, and really interesting. The points she makes, and her honesty make the book very thought provoking, and I really enjoyed it.

1) My hot water bottle has been my saviour today.

2) The awesome sushi shop range.

3) Booked my hostels. The one I'm staying in in Beijing is called 'Candy Inn', which I think is awesome :)

4) Once again, I like to appreciate the small things - I got this picture as a new desktop wallpaper for my computer. It may be one of the cutest things ever:


5) I spent the afternoon reading with Brook. It was warm, comfortable, and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment