Monday, June 11, 2012

Wonderful weekend Monday

Oh. My. God.
My body now hates me.
You know how I said how when some people stop eating wheat and sugar and then after some time they eat it again and get sick, but that didn't happen to me? Well, guess what? It happened to me. I ate almost nothing but sugar yesterday, and it was awfully amazing. I kept getting all energized and feeling like I wanted to run around, and then I'd crash and just want to sleep, then eat, and repeat. Then, last night, after my day of sugar, I couldn't sleep. It took me hours to fall asleep, then finally fell asleep at maybe 12.30, 1am. Then, I woke up at 4.45am with both my hands gone totally numb (little finger on my right hand was scary numb), and couldn't go back to sleep. So, I got maybe five hours sleep last night, max. Also, this morning, my digestive system hates me and I've got an upset tummy. I'm going to try my best NOT to do that again. But, and interesting experiment.

And now, the events leading up to the Ultimate Sunday of Sugar!

Friday night I met up with Andy for dinner. Yet another things my stupid brain wanted me to weasel out of but I didn't. (Seriously, what's up with that? That's three things I've not wanted to do but made myself and they've all been great. Lesson = learned!). Anywho, Andy is a Korean guy I met on the horse racing/Seoul Zoo meetup I did. He lives about 10 minutes drive away from Osan. So, he came and picked me up and we went for dinner. We didn't end up having Korean food, but we did have some rather delicious steak. Then we went for a walk in the park and he took me home. Nice night out :)

On Saturday I spent the day just playing StarWars, cleaning, shopping, etc. Then, in the evening, Courtney and I were meeting up for Shabu-shabu, and I invited Andy along to meet Courtney. Again, good food and good company. After dinner we went to an awesome park for a walk. It had a little river, and all these lights that changed colour, and frogs! While we were at the park, Courtney brought up the idea of having a picnic the next day, so we decided to do that.

Sunday morning I had a chat to Mum and Brook, which was great. Then, in the afternoon, Andy came and picked up Courtney and I and we went to the American Air-force Base where Andy works. Neither Court nor I had ever been anywhere like it. You can't just go there, as a civilian, but Andy was allowed to have us a s guests. He showed us around and we had lunch at an American restaurant. 

The air base was pretty interesting. It's just like a little town, but walled off and there's the odd person in army fatigues with a massive gun wandering around :D It's all very orderly, and very beige! I got the feeling that the air force people could probably be on a base just about anywhere in the world and it'd look pretty much the same.

We went to this American chain restaurant called 'Chillis' for lunch. Quite funny because I've just been reading about that same restaurant in the book about food manufacturing. I was keen to see what it was like. Well, all the prices were in American dollars, and we had to tip - which Court had to work out for me because I've never done it. I ordered apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream, which was about the most American thing ever :) And a total sugar overload. It was very nice, though. Haha, but both Court and Andy were a bit confused at me ordering dessert for lunch, and kept offering me their food too. The flavours in my apple thing were all really intense, and while it was nice, I don't want it again. It was sweet, creamy, salty, cinnamon, vanilla, and a tiny hint of apple. And so much sugar it burned!



After lunch we went to a buddhist temple up in the hills and had a walk and a look around. I don't know how they do it, but Buddhists make their areas so peaceful and calming. I went inside the temple, and the sense of peace was almost overwhelming. I just wanted to sit there, smell the incense and take it in. But, Court was waiting outside, so I didn't. Maybe another time. It was really nice up there, though.








Then we went down to the river and had an afternoon/evening picnic. Which just means we sat on a blanket on the ground for hours talking, and C managed to drink an entire bottle of wine herself. So, by the evening she was pretty happy :D




So, to finish off the evening, C and A had a small dinner (I was too full to eat anything!), and then about 10pm we called it a night and all went home. It was a lovely way to spend a Sunday. Both Courtney and Andy were a lot of fun and are such nice people. I'm super glad I've met both of them.

And that is all for the weekend. And no more sugar for me for a day or two. I'll have to be better socially - I can't go sugar overdosing every time I'm out with friends!

OK, Monday - Today!
Again, no teaching for me at all. I'm going to have to start writing another article or something, before I go crazy. Well, summer holidays are coming, so I do need to start planning summer camp in the next few weeks. Although, it makes it a bit tricky when no one knows what level or how many kids will be in the classes, but I can deal with it.

Today's five:

1) Some Maroon 5 song was playing at lunch. It was Awesome with a capital 'A'. Some of lyrics went something like: "Those fairytales are full of shit. If I hear one more fucking love song, I'll be sick". Hehe, played at full volume throughout the school. Made me giggle, but no one else seems to notice.

2) The lovely not-all-there-kid (Not the always-says-hi-to-me-kid) loves soccer. Seriously loves it. He comes and talks to me about soccer in 99.9% Korean with the odd English word thrown in. Today he was standing on the field and the ball rolled over to him. The other boys asked him to kick it back, and then let him join in their game. Wow, he was so freakin' happy it makes me smile just to think about it. He kept looking over and giving me the thumbs up :)

3) Babies laughing are awesome.

4) I went for a lovely walk in the rain.

5) Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment