Friday, June 8, 2012

One class on a Friday


It's much cooler today than it has been for the past little while. I wonder if it's going to start raining soon. Apparently the really hot, wet, muggy weather should start soon and last through until August. Not really looking forward to that :)

Today has been just another normal day. I did get to teach one whole class this morning, though. Quite exciting. Sadly, lunch was not. Icky baby frankfurter sausages in sweet bbq sauce with smooshy noodles, seaweed, and some mushed gross spinach thing, along with spicy bony fish soup. My broccoli was nice,

Tonight I'm going out to dinner with a Korean friend I met at the meetup a few weeks ago. Don't know where we're going... mystery dinner! On the weekend I'm getting together with Laura to go to the rose festival at Seoul Grand Park. I'm quite looking forward to that, it should be really nice.

Today's five:
1) Got to teach a class, so for 45 minutes I was not stuck at my desk.

2) Going for dinner tonight - hopefully get to try some new Korean food.

3) I started reading a really interesting book about the food industry and all the things they do to design the 'food' they make so that people want to eat more of them. It's fascinating! The book is quite good in that it's not trying to vilify the industry, which I appreciate. I mean, I think what they're doing is disgustingly unhealthy, but people want it - badly. They're not evil, they are just working on such a different mental planet from someone trying to eat 'natural' foods.

4) Had a great bodyweight workout this morning.

5) I got a seat on the bus! Second to last one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment