Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mermaids on a Thursday

So, I was just googling something completely unrelated. "How to teach gerunds" was where I was headed, but a typo resulted in "how to be" instead of "how to te[each]", and what pops up in the google suggestion thing?
"How to be a mermaid". 
Well, this simply had to be clicked. Turns out there are women out there, fully adult, normal looking women, who get latex mermaid tails custom made and go swimming in them. For real. There's even a convention, and possibly some kind of competition to be 'the worlds best mermaid'. Wow, the things I never knew. I did always want to be a mermaid when I was little. I had the mermaid Barbie - it was the best one!

She was so cool!
Haha, annnnyway. I, for some stupid reason, decided to eat some Oreos this afternoon, and now I feel so sick. Seems like the longer I keep up this no grains/minimal sugar thing, the worse I feel when I do eat them. God, I wish I'd just learn now and stop even wanting to eat them occasionally. Erg, I really do feel sick to my stomach :(

Today, at school, there were more unexplained alarms, and all the lights were turned off and the internet went down. I don't know what it was, other than turning off the lights in the teacher's room, everyone ignored it. I guess I should just ask someone what's going on, but I'm too lazy. Probably because I ate those stupid Oreos. 

So, tonight is Courtney's last night in Korea. I haven't seen her for a few days. It'll be sad to say goodbye to her tonight, but it is good that she'd going back to her family. We're all trying to go out for shabu shabu again, but I am predicting the place will be closed by the time she finishes work. It doesn't matter though, we'll find food somewhere.

In other news, Andy booked tickets to Japan this morning! So, Japan trip in July is go! I'm super excited and REALLY hoping that I'll be able to eat ramen without feeling really sick. I definitely want to eat it while I'm in Japan, but I might have to keep it to a minimum. We'll see. Definitely no Oreos!

I've hod no teaching again today. Hence the mermaid exploration. I also learned why the sky looks blue and how to correctly use bobby pins. Yeah, who knew there was a 'right way'? Me neither. Ha, and they pay me to do this. I'm really starting to hope my school has funding for me to stay with them another year. I'm not ready for my Korean adventure to be over yet - things are just getting interesting (plus my savings account is SO happy). Well, even if this school can't keep me, there are plenty more (just I've got a pretty sweet deal here, and although I complain of boredom, who wants to do more work than they have to? If I can sign on for another year, I might take an extramural uni course or something. You know, for fun.).

Anyway, it's THREE WHOLE HOURS until I can go home. I need something to research...
Lol, assuming anyone bothers to show up to this last after school class. 

Ok, enough rambling. Today's five:

1) Japan flights are booked, and the old tickets are being refunded. Excellent!

2) I sat under a big tree at lunch time today and it was so nice. It is very hot outside, but in the shade with the wind blowing, it's really lovely.

3) I managed to sleep until 7am this morning! I did wake up at five, but I got back to sleep again.

4) I haven't spoken to a single person since 8am, when Andy called to tell me about the Japan flights. That was seven hours ago.

5) Mango is delicious and so is avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment