Tuesday, June 19, 2012

No, you can't have my number Monday

Another great weekend in the ROK. On Friday night Andy picked me up from work and we went to Costco in Seoul (which make 'The Warehouse' look like a Four Square). Then we had dinner by the Han river in Seoul. I didn't take any pictures, but the view was great - the lights from Seoul reflecting off the water looked amazing. We were going to meet up with Courtney and her workmates, but things got all messed up on her end, so I just went home to bed instead.

However, I keep waking up at 5am! So, if I go to be at around 11, get to sleep around 11:30, I only get about 5 and a half hours sleep - which is SO not enough for me. This has gone on all week, and I'm pretty tired now. I need to try and get to bed around 9pm if it's going to keep up. Not cool!

Anyway, on Saturday Courtney, Andy, and I went to a Korean folk village. It was pretty cool! They have traditional style Korean houses, tools, etc., etc. It was interesting and some of it was really quite beautiful. I especially like the stone carvings and the trees. After that we went to Andy's house and his mum mad us dinner. And she had made everything! All the pickles, sauces, and everything was home made, and in many cases, home grown. It was awesome! My favourite was a sour plum and chilli pickle - it was so good. Andy's parents really really sweet and it was nice to meet them. They didn't seem at all phased having two white girls wandering around their home :)

I liked this - apparently it's to ward off ghosts.






On Sunday I went to the Rose Festival at Seoul Grand Park with Laura. It was a large garden filed with roses and flowers. It was a lovely display of flowers, and there was also a walkway along the lakeside, which was nice. We spent a few hours wander among the flowers and taking photos, and then went to get some lunch. We had Mexican for lunch, and it was yum. Then, I met up with Courtney at the cinema and Laura went home. Courtney and I saw Men in Black III, and it was ok. It was funny in places, but lacked the spark of the first one. And the baddy alien was totally disgusting! It kept me entertained, though, so it was all good. Then, we met up with Nyasha, had some dinner, and caught the bus back to Osan. I managed to get to bed by 10.30, but still woke up at five this morning. Blegh.







And now it's Monday again! I get to teach two whole classes today! Woohoo!
This morning on the bus, I had my headphones. This guy hands me his smartphone with the massage "Can I take you number" translated into English on the screen. I was just like "no". Whatever he wanted, I didn't.

Today's five:
1) Cherries for breakfast.

2)Teaching time at last!

3) There was no bony fish at lunch.

4) I'm going to go ask Mr B if I can go home. I need to sleep so badly!

5) Salmon and avocado for dinner. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment