Monday, June 4, 2012

Crazy T-Shirt Monday




Haha, devine retribution from the lunch god - today's lunch was bony fish and huge lumps of crumbed fried tofu with shiny bbq sauce (which had little lumps of corn and peas in it). Ew. I ate it though, but the best bit of the meal was the boiled broccoli I brought to eat instead of rice. Not a winning lunch day.

Not much to report today. I got to be in one and a half classes, though the one I was told I'd 'teach alone' consisted of Mr B talking at the students for half and hour and me doing read and repeat of their new vocab words for 15 minutes. Then, the next class I got through all the vocab words and Mr B tells he'll teach the rest of the class alone and that I can 'go take a rest' (which is Mr B speak for hang out in the teacher's room). Only as I'm leaving he follows me outside and tells me... well, it wasn't this straight forward, but the general gist was that a naughty student was sitting at my desk so I should find somewhere else to sit. Ooookay - why is the naughty kid at my desk, and not at the coffee table or something? But ok. So, I went and grabbed my laptop and sat at the staff coffee table while the kid sat at my desk. Then, after about 10 minutes another teacher walks in. He's a very nice guy who is always pleasant to me. He sees me and sees the kid at my desk and is like "Sam teacher... what? Why?". I started to explain that Mr B had said.. blah, blah, blah, saw he wasn't following and was just like "Mr. B? I don't know." THIS he got. He made the kid move and gave me my desk back. It was like he thought it was really disrespectful to make me move... and actually it probably was, but I've not got my panties in a twist about it. We all know by know that Mr B is borderline retarded but seems basically harmless. Unless he is just the most passive-aggressive person I've ever met. Which I choose not to believe. Retarded is better than evil. 

I think I should make that into a t-shirt.
Pahah, a quick google and some simple design work later, and I give you my masterpiece:



So, today's five:
1) This one actually belongs to yesterday, but it fits in nicely with today's t-shirt theme:



It reads: "Hamberger friend
I feel happiness when I eat a him".
Good stuff. I guess I should have bought it. They had a range of colours.

2) I had to stand up on the bus to work. I treated it as a whole body workout. Just imagine if in the movie 'Speed' they not only had to keep the bus going at a certain speed, but all the passengers had to play 'twister' the entire time. That's what it's like when I have to stand up on the way to work. 

3) I sent my article away to the editor of an ESL magazine! I'm not rating my chances very highly, as I think it's too academic in tone for them, but at least I did it :)

4) Designing that silly t-shirt was fun!

5) I sat outside under the tress at lunchtime and the sound of the leaves in the wind was lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment