Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lots of interesting things Sunday



Baseball yesterday was a lot of fun! I'm in the process of making a video/slideshow of the day, so I'll post that in a few days.

Courtney and I met for lunch and had a delicious Korean soup. I'll be going back there again! Then we caught the bus into Seoul and met up with the group to watch the game. I'd never seen baseball before, but Courtney had, so she told me all the rules and stuff. Baseball is an ok sport, but they don't hit the ball enough! The most interesting part of the day was the crowd. They were SO loud and had all these chants and songs. I think they were 75% of the entertainment! The other expats we were with were really nice, and it was a beautiful sunny day, to boot. The game lasted a long time, about 3 hours, and the team I'd randomly picked to support lost :(

Courtney and I got the bus back to Osan, had some dinner, and went home.

On the subject of dinner, we went to the same BBQ restaurant we went to on Friday night. We picked a new one to try on Friday, close to my place, and they had such nice food! We had beef bbq, and the meat was excellent. They also have this thing where they pour egg and onion around the outside of the bbq grill, in a trench kind of thing, and it makes fresh omelette as you eat. It was so nice! So we've been there twice now. However, both times, I've had a bit of an upset stomach the next morning. Suspicious.

Today has been another wonderful day, weather wise. I went for a big walk this morning and saw mountains of garlic for sale! And, as I was crossing the road, so huge fireworks went off, and trailed coloured smoke after them. In the middle of the morning. I didn't get my camera out fast enough to photograph it. They looked a bit like this, though:




Then I walked through the market, and found that in some of the less visited back streets of the market, they're selling dogs to eat. They had them cut open and displayed in glass cases. The didn't have the head on, but you could tell they were dogs. Plus, they had paws. Not sure if you buy the whole dog or a particular cut. Again, I didn't take a photo, I didn't think that many people would want to see a butchered dog.

Also at the market I bought a beautiful skirt and a cute pair of really liget polka-dot shorts, both for $5 each. Score!

Other than that, just a nice, relaxing weekend :)

1) Mid day fireworks

2) New skirt and shorts

3) As a special treat I bought two avocados at the supermarket. They were cheaper than usual at $6 for two.

4) Baseball was fun.

5) Hamburgers for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment