Friday, June 22, 2012

Off to the Sea Friday

Yay - it's Friday! It's been a pretty good week all round - apart from Courtney leaving - and the weekend looks set to be awesome too. There are possible thunder storms predicted late tomorrow, but I love the sea in stormy weather, so that just makes me happy.

Sadly, the shabu shabu place was closed for Courtney's leaving dinner, but we went just across the road to a Chinese bar instead. I find the food quite horrible, but everyone else seemed to enjoy it. Basically it just served seafood, chicken, or pork battered and deep fried in different sauces. All are pretty sweet and oily. Not ideal, but not inedible. I think the plan for tonight is steak, so looking forward to that!

Andy and I are leaving later this evening to drive to the East Sea. I'm not sure how long it takes to get there, a good 2-3 hours at least. But, I get ALL DAY tomorrow by the sea, and Andy says it really good water, and the beach is a nice one, so I'm happy. There will be photos :)

Today's five:

1) There was no bony fish for lunch at all this week! Major success!

2) I bought some new bras from E-Mart yesterday. I've read that lots of western girls can't buy underwear in Korea, so I must be really lucky because it fit me really well. And it's so cheap!

3) Korea has huge spring onions and massive ants. This amuses me. The spring onions are about the size they must have been when dinosaurs were around. I think if/when I return to NZ the spring onions will look like chives! And as for the ants? Ew. Very big. I went and sat outside at lunch time, and now I keep imagining there are massive ants crawling on my legs.

4) No teaching yesterday or today. I think I've almost read the entire internet.

5) East sea weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment