Monday, July 2, 2012

Friday through to Monday

Right, another update spanning a few days. This likely will not be a long update, as I forgot to bring my glasses to work today, and staring at the computer is giving me a headache.

Friday:
Mr B. comes to me second period and tells me we have to record the listening section of the English exam that I wrote weeks ago. Exams start on Monday and this is his last free period of the week. Why he left it so late, I don't know, but needless to say, we did not get finished. He said we could finish up after school, so I waited around for him, but he never showed up, so I went home at 4pm. 

Andy came and picked me up at 5 and we set off for Seoul. He had to deliver something to one of his sisters and then we were going for dinner in the city. Turns out his sister didn't want the thing (why someone didn't call and ask her before hand - again, don't know), but we did have a really nice dinner, and hung out for a while with Andy's nephew who was about 9ish and pretty cute. However, the kid then threw the biggest fit I've ever seen when his dad said something he didn't like, and we had to leave amid much screaming and crying. Haha, awkward. But, I didn't really mind. It was sort of interesting seeing the complete lack of discipline. I've read that Korean people are really lenient with younger kids and then as they get older discipline gets hardcore. I haven't asked Andy, but this seems true from what I've seen.

Anyway, while we're headed into Seoul, (about 7.30pm by now) Mr B started calling my cell frantically. I say 'frantic' because he called four or five times, one right after the other. I knew he was calling about recording the exams and would most likely want me to come to work on Saturday or something. So, I didn't answer. I didn't feel bad because it was totally his own fault for leaving things so late, and it's my weekend, and I'm busy. So, anyway, Friday was a nice night in Seoul.

On Saturday it was Andy's dad's birthday party (his actual birthday was Friday), and Andy invited me to his house to join in. It was cool and the whole family (Mum, dad, Andy, two of the four sisters, with their husbands and a few kids) went out for a fancy Korean lunch. We went to a traditional restaurant out in the countryside. There were lots of different dished served with just food for each person to have a mouth-full or two of each thing, and it was served in three or four courses. Some of it I loved, and some of it was just ok. I had some different salads, jellyfish, prawns, beef, pork, fish, and abalone (paua - which I'd never had before, it was  nice) among other things. It was great!

Then Andy took me and two of his nieces to choose an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins for his dad, which we went home and ate. It was really good! The girls chose a cake that had a different flavour of ice cream for each slice - it was like my idea of awesome in a cake!

After that, we just hung out at his house for a while, then went back to Osan for dinner.

On Sunday I talked to both mum and Jenni, which was great! Then, I was going into Seoul and Andy wanted to come too. Yeah, we spend a lot of time together. Maybe too much? I'm not sure what the rules are. Anyway, we caught the train in Hongdae and had a walk around, had Taco Bell for lunch, and visited the art market. There was a guy making the most amazingly detailed metal jewellery - it really was awesome, but I wasn't sure I'd ever wear it, so I didn't get any. It was so cool though, like really intricate birds and flowers and leaves.

After that we went over to Myeongdong, which wasn't as crazy busy as it normally is and just looked around. Nothing very exciting, but it was a nice day. Andy kept falling asleep on the train home, which was really funny to me :) Small things, you know. 

Anyway, I figured I'd better get in touch with Mr B and make sure he wasn't dying from stress, so I texted him. But, but the time he called me back, I was out at dinner. He wanted to come over to my house, with his wife, to finish recording for the exams! I was like "Ah, no. I'm out". YOU leave something until the last minute, and then don't show up to do it, and then you want to come to my house on a Sunday evening to finish work that should have been done a week ago? Nah, bro. Haha. So, I told him no, but I was happy to come into work early the next morning to get it done. He asked how early and I said I could be there by 7am, no worries. He was like "Um, how about 8 or 8.30?". HAHAHAHAHA... seriously!? SERIOUSLY??? That's not me getting to work early, that's what time I get to work EVERY DAY. So, yeah sure, I'll come in to work 'early' to finish the recording :) Retard.  So, I arrive at work at my usual time, we do the recording and all is well.

And that's all the work I have to do today. Exam are on, so all the students leave after lunch, so most of the teachers leave early too, but I have to sit here doing nothing like every other day. Ah well, I am researching things to see and do in Japan. Rather sweetly, Andy has been too, and has been showing me photos on Korean blogs of food and places to go in Osaka.

It's a good thing I like him so much as he seems to have sneakily obtained an entire drawer at my house. It started out when he bought a pair of swimming shorts to take to the East coast the other weekend. Somehow they ended up staying at my place, so I put them away in an empty drawer. Somehow this draw now holds a small assortment of Andy things. Better keep an eye on him, I still need my own house! Actually, I might tell him I need some 'Sam' time tomorrow. I have the first season of 'Revenge' to finish watching!

OK, today's five things:

1) I had a super awesome salmon mushroom omelette for breakfast.

2) I have resolve to eat absolutely NO sugar based food for seven days or suffer dire consequences. 

3) Japan is less than a month away!

4) No bony fish for lunch again. This is a great record, but also bad because it must be coming soon.

5) I'm going to read my book for the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment