Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mental health day Tuesday

So partly because I slept pretty badly and mostly because I couldn't face another day of sitting at my desk doing nothing, I called in sick today. I did spend the morning sleeping, then worked out, and I'm feeling much better now. My work out was actually great - I think it really helped pick me up.

Anyway, I have some more photos from my weekend by the sea as well as a few shots of the food at Andy's dad's birthday lunch. Andy took them on his phone, so the quality isn't amazing, but you get the idea.
(note to mum - if you click on a picture, you can cycle through them bigger so you can save them to you computer if you want).

Saturday's breakfast - mussel soup and octopus pancakes

Me on the edge of the mountain


look, a squirrel!

Me by a little pond.

Ok, birthday lunch - l-r: pork belly, gross bean paste thing, spring roll thing, salad with VERY purple dressing that just tasted a bit fruity.

Selection of salads, tempura fish, pumpkin mash, and prawns with caviare.

Ttteok, chicken soup, buckwheat noodles, chilli squid, beef salad, abalone with caviare.

Last course: spicy soup, whole fish, kimchi (assorted), and this rice in a stone bowl that you take out into a regular bowl (bottom) and then pour water into the stone bowl and all the burnt rice comes off into the water and you eat it like a soup. It tastes like watery burnt rice and I don't really understand it.


And now, today's five things:

1) It's been nearly two days without sugar. I'm feeling better already.

2) I got a work out in.

3) It's my brother's birthday today! Happy birthday, Bro!!

4) I'm going to cook something nice for dinner. I'm not sure what yet, but it will be good.

5) Bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment