Thursday, July 19, 2012

Very wet Thursday

Apparently there's a typhoon on the way! I'm not too sure what this means, but I think there's going to be lots of wind and rain. It's already pretty wet, and also really humid. I'm so sticky! But it's not so bad, so far :) 

Japan is very close now - only 5 days to go :) and only three of those are work days, so really only three days to go.

Interestingly, Mr B. has not requested a plan for summer camp, which starts the same day I get back to work from being on holiday. I have the whole thing done, planned, and prepped, but he doesn't know that. There is a lot of discussion around the office about English Camp (but that's all I can understand of it, it's in Korean), and I saw Mr B. making some sort of lesson plan on his computer that had the same dates as camp. So, either he's teaching a camp at the same time - which is totally possible and likely - OR he's making a camp plan that I'll have to follow. Which would be weird. I've never heard of that happening before, and I'm not sure why he'd do that other than he's a control freak or my lessons weren't acceptable. Rather than try to talk to him about it (frustration central, seriously this man misinterprets just about everything I say unless I'm asking for money or time off - that he understands), I'm just going to leave it well alone. I'm doing the best I can in this weird system!

Not much is going on this week. It's hot and wet, overcast, and I'm getting some teaching time in but nothing amazing. Oh, I did have an open class yesterday though, that I thought went really well. When I tried to ask Mr B. for some feedback he just gave me a round of applause, which was nice but not helpful :) Also, no sign of the promised info about whether the school can keep me for another year. Maybe tomorrow.

Today's five things:

1) Rain storms are a bit exciting - as long as they're short lived!

2) Lunch today was good - I have no idea what any of it was called, but it was tasty.

3) I've decided to try and get a university job. When I get back from Japan I'll start things moving in that direction and see what I can get. Korea has a crap-ton of universities, so hopefully I can find one in this area. If not, I'll stay at this school, or get a hagwon job until I can move on up to a uni position.

4) Japan soon!

5) I have no plans for the weekend. Maybe a walk, maybe go out, but I want to spend a big chunk just relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment