Monday, July 16, 2012

Good day (touch wood) Monday

Right so, the weekend.
Friday night Andy and I went and had Korean BBQ for dinner, which is pretty normal, but this time we went to a duck restaurant and at a whole heap of BBQ duck meat! It was yum! But, mum's duck is still the best :)

On Saturday I caught the train into Seoul and met up with Amy and we went to the 63 building. It was an ok trip. Not really very 'Korean', but really touristy. We went up the the 59th floor, I think, and saw the view, which was good. We got quite a clear patch, and it was only after went came back to ground level that it started raining. As well as going up so high, we also went to a boring 3D dinosaur IMAX movie, and ok aquarium, and a pretty funny wax museum. None of the attractions were actually that wonderful, but put them all together and it was a pretty fun day. 

On Sunday Andy and I went to Dongtan for lunch. We ended up having sushi again, and it was really yummy. Then we went to a coffee shop by central park and I had a hot chocolate and Andy had some weird Turkish ice cream. It was weird because it was all kind of gooey - I wasn't very impressed by it. Then we had a walk in the park, and it once again stopped raining just long enough for a walk, which was nice. Andy also ordered me some memory cards and stuff that I'd been wanting, using a Korean website - which worked out to be about a million times cheaper than buying them regularly, so that was awesome. I'll finally be able to back up my photos and this blog! And take pictures on my phone - which I think will be convenient since I don't carry my camera 100% of the time.

Sunday night we went to a BBQ place I've been to a couple of times, but actually hadn't eaten their BBQ food. Turns out it was amazing! Seriously good galbi. Andy liked it too, so I guess we'll be going back. Well, I hope so anyway! It was super tasty.

And that was my weekend. Pretty good overall :) Next weekend I want to do a bit of walking/hiking, and also pack for Japan. Only 8ish days to go!
*     *     *

Ok, so today is Monday again. So far, so good. I totally did not want my nice relaxing weekend to end, but oh well. With my summer holidays just around the corner, it makes getting to work easier. Haha, not sure what I'm going to do when they're gone, but I'll worry about that when I get there. Plan a weekend away or something, I guess. Jeju, anyone?

Today's been good. I've taught 3 classes, and one's been cancelled, so that's me done for the day. Lunch was tasty, and I'm pretty happy. Touch wood, I can keep it up.

Today's 5:

1) Good classes today.

2) Mr B says he'll find out about me renewing this week. I'm not sure which outcome I'm hoping for :-D

3) Andy is going to buy us money for Japan from the bank so it's cheaper than the airport. As if he wasn't awesome enough already?

4) I fancy cooking something this week. I didn't cook dinner at all last week. I'm thinking some chicken satay would be nice.

5) It's quite cool today, a nice break from the intense heat and humidity. I'm all about the variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment