Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday update

Ok, I'm back!
Right, so Friday night Andy and I went to see the new Spider Man movie. I thought it was a continuation of the series, but it was actually kind of a remake of the original movie, but the characters were all in high school. I'm totally not sure why they did this, but it was an ok film. I thought Spider Man was a bit cocky and full of himself, but it wasn't too bad.

On Saturday we went into Seoul. We caught the bus to Gangnam and had lunch at a sushi train place. It was really good. They had heaps of sushi on a conveyor belt, but you could also order stuff using a touch screen at you table and they made it in the kitchen and then delivered it to you on a little electric train - haha, it was awesome. We ordered most of our stuff on the train - Andy because he thought it was fresher and he didn't really want food that had been going round and round passed all the little kids, and me because I just wanted my food to come on a train :-D

Andy with the sushi screen and conveyor belt

Sushi (below) and train (above)

Then, as we were walking there was a big building with a display/open home type thing for this new apartment complex that's being built, so we went in and looked at the open home. They had two apartments made up to look at - both 23 square meters. Man, that is SMALL! They were really cute, and very nicely displayed, but wow, so small! And Andy said they were at least $160,000.

After that we went to COEX and had a wander around. We spent ages in the book store looking at Japan travel guides, which was nice. Then we caught the bus home and went to a Chinese restaurant in Dongtan for dinner. I didn't really like the food - Korean-Chinese food is not really very good, in my opinion. It seems to consist of noodles with black sauce and a selection of deep fried stuff with sweet and spicy sauce all over it. Blegh. Anyway, after that we went to the park and Andy took me to see a music and light fountain show thingie. It was awesome! We sat on the edge of the fountain and got sprayed with water :) Here's a little video of it. It lasted 20 minutes and was really beautiful - the video doesn't really do it justice.



Dongtan Central Park

The fountain area





And then I didn't do too much on Sunday. Big walk and sunburn, like I said. Trip to the market for fruit and lunch. Then Andy cam over in the evening and we went for BBQ for dinner. Pretty good weekend!

Now, it's Monday again. Only just over two weeks until Japan :)
And maybe I'll get to teach today!

*        *          *
Yup, I did get to attend four whole classes, and read some stuff that the kids had to repeat. Some days this job sucks. I don't even get the opportunity to be a teacher.

1) I did some planning for Japan

2) I had a Baskin Robbins ice cream after work

3) My work day went quickly

4) I got some dark chocolate

5) Monday's done for another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment