Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Smells like waffles Tuesday

Another fantastic weekend!
Andy took me to Everland on Saturday and I had such an awesome time! The lines for some of the rides were really long, but I didn't mind so much because I had him to hang out with and talk to. Turns out that beneath that sometimes very serious exterior is someone who loves theme parks and Disney movies. And likes to sing Brittany Spears songs... really badly and much to my horror :D

Haha, anyway. At Everland we went on a chairlift (boring), and safari bus (cool, but the animals were not in big enough enclosures and it was a bit sad), a river rapids ride (awesome! Andy got wet and screamed like a girl and it was hilarious), a horror maze (where you walk through in a group and people chase you - It was pretty scary, but I found it more fun than scary), a log flume (fun!), and a random 'around the world' boat ride (weird, but ok). Also, I got a giant candy floss on a stick. On a steeeeeeeeeck. Only mum will get that. It was a really fun day!

Then on Sunday it was Andy's grandma's birthday, so he went off for some family time and I stayed home and did some craft and what not. I also made a yummy curry! After dinner Andy came over and we watched a movie. It was very nice.

Now, yesterday (Monday) there was another typhoon. Yet again, the kids got to go home at 2pm so they'd be safe from the storm, and all the teachers had to stay at school. I didn't really care, but the logic defies me. It's too dangerous for the kids to stay at school, but fine for the adults? Anyway, Andy got the whole day off work because it was too dangerous to even open the air force base (but I'm still at school all day!!), so he came and picked me up. We hung out for a while, had some dinner, and then he went home to study. I watched some TV and got an early night. Oh, and Amy left Korea to go back to America. Another friend gone!

Today is Tuesday and I don't have any teaching today except after school class. That's ok though. I've gotten heaps of work done. I finished writing the mid-term exams listening section, and just finished the final draft of my second article. This one I'm going to try for online publication. I also emailed the journal about my last article as they still haven't gotten back to me and it's been over three months. I told them (nicely) that if they couldn't get it together, I needed to withdraw the article for submission elsewhere.

Also, today's school lunch sucked! They used to be so good, but they have REALLY taken a downturn lately. There's almost never any meat, and if there is, it's tiny specks of it, bony fish is becoming more frequent, and it's all ew. Today's menu? Deep-fried battered tofu (which I was excited about because I thought it was a big chunk of fish), fern frond salad, kimchi, purple rice, and egg sack soup (gross sacks covered in veins with fish eggs spilling out all in a water red soup with more kimchi and bony fish floating in it). I just can't eat tofu - not only do I think it's disgusting, I've read it's from really genetically engineered soy beans and has the potential to be very bad for you. I'm trying to REALLY minimise processed foods, and tofu is disgusting, G.E., and super processed. Haha, so I ate the batter. The teacher next to me was like 'WTF?'. :)

And now, today's five:
1) An old lady sat next to me on the bus this morning and she smelled like waffles covered in syrup. She really did!

2) I'm now part way through my 4th to last week of this crappy job. I find I really want to give kindy teaching a go. I so hope everything works out and I can live near Andy and have a great job. When I told him I was staying in the area for him he was like "No, you're staying for us", which I thought was sweet.

3) To make up for the truly awful lunch, I bought my favourite chocolate bar from the shop down the road. I'm saving it for before after school class. Oooh, and my leftover curry is for dinner tonight.

4) I'm so excited by my trip home!

5) I downloaded the 'Princess Bride' movie to watch with Andy - I think he'll enjoy it. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment