Monday, September 10, 2012

Moustache Monday

So, I'm having a pretty good day. No particular reason, but it was just made about 100 times better when I realised that Mr B seems to be growing a moustache. This is a thing of true brilliance, and I really hope he is, and I really hope it has grown in well before I leave because Korean men grown the most epically hilarious moustaches ever. Moustaches are already very funny to me, but check this out:

(there were supposed to be some awesome pictures of moustaches here - but I can't find any)

Yet another wonderful weekend. On Saturday I stayed home all morning and read my book (sorry Jenni - I thought I was going to be out, but we could have skyped after all), and then in the afternoon I lead the meetup to the ice hockey. Heaps of people (around 20!) showed up and I got us all to the rink, got tickets, and watched the game. It was a good game, and my team won! Also a couple of guys from the last meetup I went to were there, plus a couple of others I knew, and Nathan came too, so it was a good mix of new and old people. After the game some people left in their own groups, but a smaller group of my friends went to CoEx for dinner. We ended up at TGIFs, and I spent much of the evening laughing so hard I cried. It was a really good meetup. Andy didn't come to the hockey as he had to go to the doctor in Seoul, so I saw him after I got home from dinner.

I ended up telling him about how I was feeling about the way he's been acting and after a bit of talking (and me telling him that if he was going to continuing being 'this Andy' rather than the Andy he was when we started dating, I didn't want any part of it), I think he understood and is going to be a bit more considerate. It's been two days and so far so good.

On Sunday we went for a late breakfast before I left to back into Seoul to meet with Amy in Gangnam. She and I went and had some delicious hamburgers for lunch and the went to a jimjillbang for the afternoon. We went in the sauna, soaked in the hot pools, and got a full body scrub from the old ladies who work there. Such a super relaxing afternoon. I'm sad she's leaving, she's really good fun to hang out with. Plus, once you've spent the whole afternoon hanging naked with someone, you know they're a friend :D

I was pretty bummed this morning that it was Monday, but it's turned out to be a very pleasant day, so far. It's warm, but not hot, I've been involved with (but not taught) three classes, and have got a little work done. I'm seriously looking forward to skyping with mum this afternoon. Andy's also said he'd like to have dinner together tonight, so that'll be nice. I think I want to go to Busan this weekend, too - so lots to look forward to.

Today's five things:

1) Moustaches

2) Feeling totally fine about hanging out with friends, naked, for hours.

3) Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dreams" CD which is currently on repeat on my MP3 player. It's my trashy-guilty pleasure.

4) Boys who are interested in dating you, even if you don't want to date them. It's flattering.

5) Feminism (in it's 'true' form, not it's misconstrued man-hating form) rocks my socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment