Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday again?

I'm really not sure where the time is going! But I think that means I'm not bored :)

Ok, last night I had a fantastic chat to Jetts. She had heaps of good stories to tell and some super wise wisdom about boys, life, and teaching small children to share. It was just like we'd gotten together for real, only I didn't have to leave my apartment. Thank goodness for Skype! It was seriously good to talk to her. 

Today has been busy because Mr B has had tests to mark so I've taught all of the four classes. Well, apart from most of one because he got on a real snit about something and told them off for about half an hour (intermittently). I actually couldn't tell that they'd done anything wrong. He tells them off for things I can't understand and then just lets the kids who show up to class without books or pens completely off. I dunno.

Um, not much to report today. Lunch was good - Pork thing that's kind of like spicy goulash. A fair amount of teaching, and a couple of periods free. I haven't done much with my free time today. It's Friday and I just felt like surfing the net, so that's what I've done. I am going out to dinner tonight with the Osan group - we're going for galbi, so yum! I think I'll have to eat something before then though - I'm starving!

As for Andy, yep he's still missing in action. Didn't hear from him much at all yesterday and despite the fact that we ALWAYS hang out on Thursdays, he never showed up or told me he wasn't going to show up. Luckily, I had a hunch he'd ditch me, so I had stuff for dinner. Why don't I just ask him what his plans are, I hear you ask? Because he gives me answers like "I'm not sure", or "I have no idea" instead of a yes or no. I'm getting kind of sick of it. I'm kind of thinking you should know if you want to come over for dinner in a couple of hours or not, right? And if you've spent every Thursday hanging out with a girl for the past three months, it's polite to let her know you're busy this Thursday, right? So, I'm currently implementing 'Plan: Make my own plans' where I do whatever the heck I want and don't bother to invite him because he's shown no consideration for my time or planning, so I'd better show some respect for myself.

I'm back cutting down on the refined cabs and junk food and I feel great. I all but leaped out of bed this morning! Mood is pretty buoyant, and I'm feeling quite energetic. Go paleo!

Ok, today's five things:
1) Putting coconut oil on salad makes it feel totally luxurious. And it's yum!

2) Skype with Jetts was awesome.

3) I did re-watch The Holiday and I still loved it.

4) It's the weekend! Got good stuff this weekend :) Friends, dinners, ice hockey, naked spa time - It's got it all. Well, maybe no romance... but it has everything else!

5) I secretly really want to buy a tablet (you know, like an iPad but I'm probably too anti-apple, so I'd buy a different brand), so I've made myself a deal. It's kind of a pointless buy, maybe, but I'm young and have savings and I NEVER buy awesome fun stuff. So, I've said that when I can do 5 regular push ups I can buy a tablet. That doesn't sound like much, but I can not even come close to this (I can't even do half of one) right now - and they're a fantastic exercise. So. That is my goal. I'm currently working on building my strength doing knee push-ups before I move on to toe-incline ones. I'll gradually lower the incline until I'm doing 5 good form, regular style push-ups. I'll be one teaspoon more awesome then.

No comments:

Post a Comment