Thursday, September 27, 2012

More publishing Thursday

Things here at work are.... blegh! I only have just over eight days of work left, thank goodness. Things aren't bad exactly, but the environment is getting more and more negative. For example, on Tuesday all the teachers were given a big box of chestnuts for Chuseok (Big Korean harvest holiday - reason for my upcoming 5 day weekend). I was given one too, which was nice. But then when I went to get it off my desk at home time, it was gone! I'm pretty sure they took it to give to someone else. Then, today all the teachers were given HUGE gift sets of stuff by the VP. Except me, who got nothing. Mr B told me the other day that the principal had talked to him because he noticed I had come late to work, and now everyone is watching me like a hawk. And it's not even true! I am never, ever late for work. When Mr B. told me, I was like "What!? When? What day was I late, do you know?", and he just hummed and harred and said it was 'some day last week' - totally not true! I've been late for work once in the past year, and that was when the bus got stuck in the three hour snow-traffic jam and everyone was late. So, I've be accused of lateness when I wasn't, not given any presents, and now, Mr. is even checking my photocopying (I have no idea why - all I'm printing is the tests for the open class today). So weird, and pretty crappy.

Yeah, so what with no lessons for me this week, none next week, and the first three days of the following week being exam days, I only have two other days left at school! But, this afternoon I have an open class. Mr B. just made the students clean the classroom all special, and went to the trouble of telling me that the Korean teacher and the VP would be coming to watch. I was kinda like "...and I should care why?". My job ends in eight working days... it's not like this lesson is going to benefit me any (nor have they ever). Of course I'll do my best, but jeez guys, don't expect me to respect you.

Ok, now that I've got all that out, some good news :) I got another article published online, and another one in with a different magazine that they say 'looks very interesting' and I'm waiting for a reply on it. Yay! Time to do some more writing. And I'm in the process of setting up a website for myself to act as a kind of online resume with links to my articles and stuff. I'm not totally sure why, but it looks cool, and I wanted to. That's a good enough reason. I've been so busy working on it, I haven't been on pinterest all day - shocking!

Thursday's five things:
1) I got another article published online.

2) I have left over steak for breakfast. Not much beats steak for breakfast.

3) I'm making a pumpkin cheesecake for the Korean thanksgiving holiday (from Pinterest).

4) I did yoga this morning and it kicked my butt, in a good way.

5) I'm about to eat a banana. It is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment