Monday, August 27, 2012

Wonderful Weekend update Monday

So, a big weekend update for you. After saying all the stuff about Andy, he ended up being around for the whole weekend :) Which was nice.
So:
Friday was an uneventful day at work, but in the evening I met up with an acquaintance in Osan and another guy who teaches English, and Andy, for some yummy Shabu Shabu for dinner. It was a nice evening.

Saturday Andy decided to come with me to the meetup I was going to. We caught the train into Seoul and met up with the group (about 20 people) at Seoul Grand Park. We had lunch as a group and then split of into smaller groups to do whatever people wanted. Some went to the theme park, some went to the zoo, and some went to the contemporary art museum. I did the museum, and really enjoyed it. Then Andy and I went for a walk through the sculpture park. I just realised I took exactly zero photos of anything. Oops! Then, at 5pm we re-met up with everyone to catch the train to COEX where we were going to get pizza. My friend TMI Amy was already there and had gotten the group a table, which was awesome because the wait time was HOURS. So we got straight in and had deep dish Chicago style pizza. It was actually pretty good pizza. The meetup host, Nathan, was really nice and a very good group leader. We got on well and might try to do some meetup planning together in the future. He wants to take a casual group up to the DMZ, so I might help with that. I had an awesome time at dinner, I sat with the funniest bunch of people - I laughed harder than I have in ages! It was a fantastic Saturday. Luckily, Andy is really outgoing, so he spent a lot of the time having his own conversations so I didn't feel like I dragged him along to hang out with a bunch of people he didn't know.

Sunday was the laziest day ever. Spent the morning sleeping and hanging around home and then went with Andy to Dongtan for lunch. He took me to a ramen place he'd seen because he knows how much I like ramen :) It was nice, but the ramen in Japan was better. Then we just hang out in the park for hours, sitting, walking, and reading. We were there until dinner time. We went to a restaurant in the mall and had shabu-shabu (I know, twice in one weekend!). It was such a nice sunny day, and Dongtan is a lovely town/city. It's all really new and clean. So, another great day.

And now it's Monday. There's a typhoon warning for tomorrow and there are very mixed reports on how bad the storm is going to be. Apparently schools have permission to close tomorrow if things get too bad. I'm going to Emart tonight to buy some emergency food and candles and stuff. Mr B. says he'll call me in the morning if school gets cancelled. Andy said I should take the day off, but I can't really do that. I'll just have to wait and see how bad it is. It might end up being nothing. There was a typhoon warning before and it barely even rained. Luckily, I have after school class tomorrow, which means I don't start work until 10, so there's plenty of time for me to find out what's going on before I have to go outside :)

And that's about all from me. Good weekend, typhoon warning - yeah. The end.

Moday's five things I'm thankful for:

1) The internet. I have no real idea of what job hunting was like before the invention of the internet, but man it must have sucked. Now all I have to do is check a bunch of websites each day and email any ads I'm interested in. I even found one today! In Dongtan, no less. Though I've heard accommodation in Dongtan can be VERY small and expensive.

2) Mr B randomly decided one of the classes today was too sleepy so he took them all outside. So, I had to do read-and-repeat outside. It was sort of nice for a change. Good thing is wasn't too hot and humid. I don't think the kids thought much of it, though :)

3) My parcel from Jenni arrived for me. She got me some chocolate, some Tim Tams (now deceased), and some delicious tea. And none of it melted! My favourite is the Whittaker's Dark-Mint chocolate. It is SO good!

4) I had a wonderful weekend.

5) Mr B has just told me I'll have four students in after school classes. That sounds like a manageable amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment