Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Great Day Wednesday

So, I've been having a bit of a hard time of it, emotionally, these past few days. Nothing in particular that I can tell has caused it, but I've been pretty down. But! Yesterday I got my birthday parcel from home! So awesome!!


Twisites as packing material - genius!

Such a nice pen!


Mum knows me well



I actually thanked you out load when I saw this mum!

Chocolates and stickers


Best pins EVER!

I'm wearing the hearts today.

Apparently this used to be a chocolate frog. He... uh... didn't make it. He was, however, still delicious after some time in the fridge :D

Cracked me up (but also: how did you know I wanted more!?)

I was hopeful...

But had to eat the carnage with a spoon. Still totally delicious!

Seriously awesome birthday presents!

And I wore my snazzy sheep hat to go walking!


Also, I just finished my 3rd day of awesome classes. I've got 4-5 kids showing up to summer camp classes, and we're having a great time. They're all willing to talk and play in English, and are just competitive enough to make games fun, but not so extreme that anyone's upset. This morning we had an excellent scavenger hunt, and I'm so proud of their effort :)

Also, I bought the 'Secret World' game and finally got it running this morning. It wasn't easy! First, I bought it online and that went ok, but then it simply crashed every time I went to run it to download the game. The program would not even start. So, I did some research and tried a few different things from disabling my antivirus, to changing my screen resolution. I wasn't very systematic about it, so I'm not 100% sure what worked, but I got it going after some fiddling. However, then it REALLY warned me about my super outdated graphics card drivers. So, I tried to update them, and again, nope. It just brought up a failure notice every time with no extra info. So, I ended up having to uninstall my old drivers, and then install the new ones. That worked, and I got the game running (after over 9 hours of downloading!!) this morning. I managed to create a character and run a few steps before it was time to catch the bus. So, tonight after work we'll try killing some zombies! I'm really hoping my laptop can handle it and it doesn't crash or anything - I just wanna play.

And yesterday evening I did my first walk with the Zomies! Run! app I got on my phone. It's so much fun! It's a story played in between your music tracks, and it used GPS to see where you are, and zombies sometimes chase you and you pick up items along the way to put in your base (on their website). It made going for a walk a bit different, and I got so involved with the story :) Haha, pretty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment