Thursday, August 9, 2012

boys vs girls Thursday

It goes something like this:
~~~
*ring ring* (that's my phone ringing. It doesn't actually ring, but it's impossible the reproduce the tune in text)
Sam: Hi Andy! How's it going?
Andy: Good. You?
Sam: Yeah, I'm ok. Just walking to catch the bus.
Andy: Oh.
*Long pause*
Sam: Er, yeah. So, what's up?
Andy: They say it might rain tomorrow. Or sometime this week.
Sam: Really? Well, that'll be good. It's been so dry. The farmers will be happy.
Andy: Ok.
*Long pause*
Sam: Um, right. Blah blah blah.....
~~~
Sam leaves this conversation thinking: Man, our relationship must not be that great if all he wants to talk to me about it weather. I feel unfulfilled by this conversation.
Andy thinks: I'm glad I told Sam about the rain. I like to help her.

Well, that's my working theory, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment