Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wet Wednesday

So there's this kid in first grade, and he's a bit unusual. His English is pretty good, he's a totally good two shoes suck up, but is such a sweet heart you can't hold it against him, and is just a bit socially retarded, in a cute way. I've been dealing with him a lot in my after school classes, and I was thinking about him yesterday. In my head, I was like "he's exactly like a kid who's been raised by his grandmother". I'm not sure why I thought that, it's just what this kid is like. And lo and behold, today I find out he's been raise by his grandma. There was no real point to that story, just funny how I had tat feeling and then it turned out to be right.

So, I'm not sure what's up with Andy, but he seems to be pulling away from me even further now. I barely saw him over the weekend, he's upped his gym time from twice a week to three times and now never comes o see me afterwards, and has stopped doing all the nice (but unnecessary) things like opening doors for me and holding my hand. He barely replies to most of my text messages and call only rarely. There was one point there where he called me every morning before work to say hello. He also won't (or can't) talk about it, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do. If anything. Just get on with my life I suppose, and if he comes around, take it from there. I am actually learning a lot from this experience about myself. He is a lot like me in many ways, so it is interesting from that perspective. I do keep getting hurt when he semi-abandons me, though. Ok, 'semi-abandons' is totally over stating it. Which is exactly what I mean about learning about myself - I'm just used to a different kind of relationship and have never dated, so... learning. Or possibly he's an emotionally unavailable dick-wad. I think he's doing his best with what he's got... I truly do. Which is why I'm sticking around to see if he gets his shit together. Not sticking round too much longer though :)

I swear, I am more lonely being with Andy than I was without him. How does that work?

Anyway, today's five:

1) Just did a hilarious 'draw a robot' game with the after school class before watching the first half of "Wall-E".

2) I'm going to try making my own bulgogi for dinner tomorrow. I'll try to remember to photograph it.

3) I was in 5 classes today plus taught 2 hours of after school class. While the 5 classes weren't me teaching, and I sat there doing nothing about 85% of the time, at least it was slightly more entertaining than being at my desk all day. God, this job sucks.

4) I'm wearing the pretty dress I got in Japan. In hindsight, a full length dress wasn't the best choice for a day pouring with rain, but I feel nice wearing it.

5) Wall-E is such a cute film :)

No comments:

Post a Comment