Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Talking myself up Tuesday


I'm working on updating all my work documents to look for a new job. Mr B said he should know by this afternoon whether the school is going to keep me. Regardless, I will be looking for a better job, but if they do renew me, it takes some of the pressure off. If they don't, no worries, I'm awesome. As you can see. This is the draft of my cover letter. I like to write like this first and then translate it into formal language later. Though, I might leave this a bit less formal - if I'm going to stand out of the crowd, they're going to need to know about my awesome-ness :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear sir/madam
Thank you for your consideration for the position of _____ at _________.

I am the perfect candidate for this role.

I love teaching. I love Korea. I love teaching in Korea. I'm also really good at it. I can lesson plan like a boss, have the most amazing time management skills you've ever seen, and am a really nice person to be around. I'd honestly be an awesome addition to your school.

I work really hard. I'm continuing to develop myself as a teacher by doing independent research and writing articles for publication. I make my own worksheets, I design my own lessons. I try to get a good balance of activities within a lesson. I try to give the students some control over their own education. I try to actually listen to what students say and give them what they want. I am respectful. I am punctual.

I'm a great teacher and I love teaching. Here's some feedback I've had from past students:

[put feedback here]

In short, I am a fantastic and dedicated teacher and would be an asset to your school.
I want to continue to develop my teaching career with your school.

Thank you and best regards,
Sam
The best ESL teacher in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Man, *I* want to hire me!

No comments:

Post a Comment