Thursday, August 16, 2012

Feeling good Thursday

I have done lots of work today! Not the work I'm being paid to do, but still work :) I've fully cleaned my desk and my work computer, everything is sorted, filed, of thrown out/deleted. My CV is up to date and I've written the cover letter, emailed my reference letter to Mr B so he can put the school letter head on it and sign it (I hope - not telling with him), and stared checking job boards. All the jobs start a little too soon for me to actually start applying, but from what I can see, I should be able to find something suitable. Tomorrow's job is to make a list of local universities and star sending them my details on the off chance they want me :)

Although the new semester started today, I once again have a day at my desk. This is because Mr B wants me to teach two hours of after school class today. That's cool, but he only told me about it this morning (after telling me last week that it'd be tomorrow), so I'm actually going to work over time by an hour today. But whatever - I'm pretty sure that's why he told me he'd teach alone today. Luckily, this morning I decided to come to work at 9am instead of 8 like I normally do - that'd mean I'd be doing 2 hours overtime and would probably refuse.

But, I'm so happy. I think it's having work to do, like a project to work on. With an actual point that has some benefit. Plus the prospect of not having to work with Mr B any more is fairly cheering. I'm just sad about losing my apartment. It's 95% certain that my next place won't be so nice :( But, what do I need really? Warmth, light, comfort, somewhere to cook, sleep, and an internet connection. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

Also, if I have to take a Hagwon job, I'll only get 10 days vacation for the year, so I'm thinking I'll maybe get a start date two weeks after the end of my current contract, and take a vacation then :) Leaving Korea between jobs would make the visa stuff too complicated, but there're lots of good places I haven't been yet here. Maybe a holiday on Jeju?

Thursday's 5:

1) Today's my mum's birthday! Happy Birthday, Mum! (I know I said your present was on it's way, but I lied. I was going to post it today - but now I have to work and the post office will be closed. I'll send it tomorrow.)

2) I'm looking forward to packing up my apartment. I want to get rid of all the crap! There's not much, but I want to simplify again.

3) Andy and I have decided that instead of eating out every time we get together, we're going to cook at home more. I said that was fine, but I was worried that I'd end up doing it all, and I wasn't keen on being 'the cook'. He totally understood, and says we can do it all together. We'll see how it goes, we cooked lunch yesterday and it went well.

4) I emailed the journal I submitted my article to, and the lady replied to say they hadn't forgotten me and she was going to chase down the reviewers who had my article :) I'd be really excited to get it published.

5) I've decided that when I get a new job, to celebrate, I want a pair of sheepskin lined ankle boots for winter.
Something like this:
or 

No comments:

Post a Comment