Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Little things Tuesday

So, you know a few weeks (months?) ago I wrote about how now the VP of my school wanted me to get this attendance book signed by myself, my co-teacher, and him every single day? And I had trouble chasing him down every single day? So I decided to leave the form on his desk so he could sign it at his leisure? And I didn't have to chase him? Well, now Mr B informs me that leaving the booklet on the VPs desk is 'a little bit rude', and so now I have to do it in person. *Sigh*. When I do do it in person, the man never even looks at me. He never speaks, no matter whether I say 'hello' and 'thank you' in English or Korean. He never even smiles at me. Now, I'm all for understanding cultural differences, and I certainly don't want to be rude to him. Now that I know it might be rude for me to leave my form there for him to sign, I'll do it in person, but I do feel just a tad indignant. Really, if I've made the effort to do as you've asked and get you to sign this thing every day, you could at least smile at me like I am smiling at you. You could at least look at me like I'm a human being, right?

These little things. Oh, these little things.

Anyway, today's five things to be thankful for:
1) I made Korean seaweed soup yesterday and it turned out pretty good. Obviously, I'm no expert, but I like it.

2) It's raining and stormy. I'm going to go home after school (Ergh, at 6pm) to eat some chocolate and curl up in bed!

3) Because I finish at 6 tonight, I didn't go to work until 10am, so I got a couple of hours of zombie killing time this morning, which is a pretty good way to start the day :)

4) I've signed up with two or three more recruiting companies, and will post some job requests on Facebook when it's closer to October. No one's been in contact yet, but it's pretty early for Korea time.

5) I just finished reading a good book. Nothing beat escaping into a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment