Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bummer, Man. Thursday


I tried some new yoga moves this morning, including one or two crazy-ambitious ones. I didn't do particularly well, I'd love to go to a yoga class, but the prospect of finding one, paying for it, and going when the whole thing has to be done in Korean, just isn't appealing. A flier for 'hot yoga' was taped to my apartment door yesterday, but it's all in Korean, I can't even tell where it is. I guess if I really wanted to, I could get Mr B to help me, but that's just more trouble than it's worth!

Anyway, I did my yoga, and then I tried some girl push ups, but my left tricep got cramp or pulled or something. It doesn't hurt now, but I don't think I should use it very hard for a few days. Darn yoga!

So, no classes for me today. I've planned my after school class, though. We're doing some more work on music, only today I've tried to make it a bit more exciting. We're doing some stuff for talking about what you like, and different music genres. Also today, I've had to check maybe 60+ bits of student writing ranging from perfect to completely unintelligible.

And I'm bummed about a thing I can't tell you about because I don't know who reads my blog and it might (slim chance, but still) get someone in trouble. Cryptic, yes? Well, it has the potential to make my last few months in Korea not as awesome as they could be. I am determined not to let it. It's just going to mean I have to put on my big girl undies and get out there.

I have been very bad lately about getting out and doing new things alone. I get very lazy, and I need to kick-start my courage and get out there and do all the things I want to before my time in Korea has slipped away. I'm about 2/3rds through my year here and there are still a few things I want to see and do. I want to get a dress made, get my hair permed, see the garden of the morning calm, re-visit Insadong, and so on. I'd better go back through my lonely planet books and make a list.

And now, today's five things:
1) I picked the first publication I'm going to submit my article to. I've fixed the reference section, and am just waiting for an email back about article requirements (they didn't have them on their website), and then next week I'll send off my first try! I am quite scared about doing it, which = all the more reason to do it!

2) Dark chocolate and almonds.

3) I took some photos of myself this morning and compared them to the ones from the start of April, and there's an actual difference in my body shape. My curves are better!

4) I started watching a new show 'Revenge' last night. I watch two episodes and am already totally hooked!

5) I finished the first Game of Thrones book. It was great! Is Eddard Stark really dead? I'm having doubts from the way it was written. Everyone *thinks* he's dead.... but I don't reckon he is. Well, I hope not, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment