Friday, May 18, 2012

Kid with a knife Friday


Pretty normal couple of days. Yesterday was unremarkable, other than my after school class went really well and the students were really cooperative. I think I'd aimed the lesson at the right level and it was the topic they chose last week. I'm still going to do the food tasting lesson, and I also want to take them on a scavenger hunt to the supermarket down the road. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to yet, I'll have to ask if it's ok.

I only got to teach two lessons today. Mr B. showed up 10 minutes late to the first one and told me to teach alone, but then proceeds to translate a lot of what I say into Korean and wander around making the students speak. He's taken to mocking them if they are shy or their accents are strong. It's horrible and frustrating. I really don't want to be associated with him. In my second lesson, he was late again, but had the courtesy to send another teacher up to tell me he was cleaning up a kid who cut their hand. He came after about 15 minutes and the class went much the same as the first, only one boy (who I've confiscated a pen knife off and seen him cruising the school with scissors) cut a huge hole in the padding of his chair with a knife. He's now crying in the teacher's room. He's a weird kid. Worrying.

Anywho, today's five things:

1) It's Friday and I have a good weekend planned.

2) I finished reading 'good calories, bad calories'. It was a dense read, but really interesting and educational. I've moved on to the similar, but more readable 'Why we are fat'. It's a real eye opener. Sadly, if I try to talk to anyone (other than mum) about it, and say I believe it, I sound like a kook. Ah well.

3) My cold/infection stuff is much better today. My ear blockage is minimal. Should be right soon :) Back to the doctor tomorrow.

4) Today's a strength training day - I'm looking forward to trying to do more push ups that last time. I so want to be able to do a regular push up!

5) I've got some Australian steak for dinner! It's heaps cheaper than the American beef, but it's the only one I want. Aussie beef actually lives in paddocks, and American beef is... well, if you've seen 'Food Inc.'... ew. I'd love some lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment