Friday, May 25, 2012

Good conversation Friday


Five things:
1) Just had a lovely conversation with the nicest guy who works at school - the chaplain. I suspected that's what he was, so asked him. He's really tentative, but his English is really good. We talked about his kids, he even had photos, the weekend, his job, my family. He's always nice to me, and gives me big smiles, but this is the first time we've really 'talked'. To tell you the truth, I assumed from his shyness he only knew a few words of English, but he was great. Now, I just hope he doesn't stop talking to me since he asked if I was a Christian and I said no :)

2) Lunch today was mayonnaise tuna salad with seaweed wraps - it was so good I went back for seconds :)

3) I got to do lots of 'teaching' today, and it made the day more enjoyable. However, when I say 'teaching' I mean I read a story sentence by sentence and the kids had to repeat it. In four classes, for 45 minutes. Meh.

4) It's Friday! Beach, here I come!!

5) I was given two mini-snickers by the student teacher - and I didn't eat them. Go me!

Haha, also, Mr B. just told me that because the VP isn't here, I can go home at 4pm. I've been coming in an hour early, and leaving at 4pm (an hour early) for weeks. Literally, weeks. I don't say anything, a) so he feels like he's doing a good thing; and b) so that he doesn't tell me to stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment