Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday's five

Me: Why do you want to learn English?
Him: Ummm................ English.......... America............. number one!
Me: Oh, ok. Do you want to go to America?
Him: No.
Me: Oh, do you want to talk to American people when they come to Korea?
Him: No.
Me: Ok, do you like American TV and movies? Do you listen to American music?
Him: No.
Me: Ok, so why learn English?
Him: America... number one.... powerful.
Me: oookay then.

Today's five:
1) I had a really good night's sleep.

2) I've written 2,000 words of draft for my ESL teaching article.

3) Mr B. kept telling all the kids they had ADHD today. I have no idea why, it was his phrase of the day or something. It cracked me up... so un-P.C!

4) I picked up a dark chocolate toblerone at E-Mart today. It's dark chocolate so it's ok right? Well, I put it back! Yay for me :)

5) I was talking to the not-quite-the-full-quid kid today before class. He saw we were going to do something different and wanted to know what. I said we were signing a song today, and said the Korean work for singing. He got so excited and was really happy! Then I was joking with him -in a way so he knew I was joking - and said 'and dancing too!' and he goes 'Oh! Dancing! Michael Jackson!' and struck this awesome Michael Jackson pose. We were both cracking up :D I tell you, there's something wrong with him, but sometimes he's more switched on that the 'regular' students. Cool kid :)

No comments:

Post a Comment