Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Open Class Wednesday

I just finished teaching the open class. No parents came at all, but three of the other Korean teachers were there for most of the lesson. They also decided at the last minute to video it all. Wow, thanks for asking if it's ok to tape me. Haha. I don't actually mind, but it's not nice to record someone at work without at least telling them. Anyway, the lesson went really well, the kids were great and it was actually a lot of fun. I doubt I'll ever get any feedback, but it was an enjoyable lesson. And Mr B. was very helpful and actually acted like a competent co-teacher. Which makes me think he does actually know how to co-teach, he's just really lazy. Which is sort of worse than not knowing.

The weather today is really crappy. It's cool and rainy, and overcast. Not cold though, so that's ok :) I wore nice clothes to work today, in honour of the open class (thought I'd better make some effort) and all the kids noticed and told me I looked pretty and beautiful. I also wore my hair down for the first time in ages and they all told me I had a small face (which is a complement over here). What suck-ups :D

I went to dinner with Courtney, Nyasha, and Nyasha's workmates last night, for duk-galbi. It's chicken and cabbage cooked in a spicy sauce at your table. It's not my favourite Korean thing, but it was a nice night. Nyasha was aghast at the fact that I'd never watched an Aerosmith music video (I'd probably be familiar with their most famous songs, but I couldn't name any of them). I don't think she actually believed me that I didn't know them. I mean, I know they're a rock band thing, but I really don't know anything about a bunch of those famous bands - The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, etc. I don't like their music at all. Haha, apparently I'm culturally stunted now :) Probably like how I felt when I met a girl who'd never seen any of the StarWars movies! But then, Nyasha said she didn't think Ricky Gervaise was at all funny, and I realised we're from different planets :D Seriously, anyone who doesn't find Ricky Gervaise both hilarious and intelligent thinks about things very differently from me! Mum gets it :)

At lunch today I accidentally ate the anti-christ of the type of food I'm trying to eat. I'm going no grains, no sugar, no vegetable/grain oils. Well, at lunch there was this unidentified fried thing. I thought it was a meat dumpling. I'm still trying to live without too much trouble, so I compromise a lot with the school lunches, so I took it even though it was fried and battered. I figured it was meat and meat is good. Haha, how wrong I was. It was a deepfried super sweetened battered bean paste ball. I am glad I tried it because now I don't feel like I missed out, but next time I'll give it a miss. So super sweet, and pasty. The kids went crazy over them. I probably would have too, at their age. Now I feel old :-D

Ok, today's five things:

1) I'm going out for dinner again tonight, to the 'nice' bbq place. Yum.

2) Open class went well.

3) I've gotten to teach (partially) 5 classes today! What a record!

4) Only an hour and a half until home time.

5) I have a small face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment