Friday, April 27, 2012

Fish Bone Friday

Again, no teaching for me. Yet another day at my desk with nothing to do. So far I've caught up on every blog and message board I visit, done some research, and am now reading some more of 'Good Calories, Bad Calories', which is still very interesting, but is so intense I have to read it in small bits. It really should be re-titled  'Carbohydrates don't seem to be very good for you', or 'Too much insulin is pretty bad news'. It sure sounds like eating carbohydrates (other than those in fruit and vegetables) is, for the most part, really not good for your body, mostly due to the effects of on-going raised insulin levels. Looks like that causes no end of problems. Which is good to know! And I'm finding it easier and easier not to eat them :) I haven't eaten a processed carb food (on purpose - school lunch is suspect, but I'm too lazy to pack lunch each day when it's put in front of me) for maybe over a week. I'm not counting dark chocolate, which I am really starting to enjoy.

Today's school lunch was fish, which I am learning to be able to take the bones out of. I don't think I managed totally today, though, because I feel like I maybe have one stuck way down in my throat. It hurts when I swallow, anyway, and feels swollen. Not sure what to do about it, or even if it is a fish bone.

Today is also the day my co-teacher said he'd have my holidays sorted out by, but no sign of it. I'm going to start e-mailing him so I have a record, just in case I have to ask an outside source for help (like GEPIK of the MOE or something). So, this afternoon I'm going to write him a polite email reminding him that I need to know my holiday dates soon, and that if he doesn't sort it out himself I'm going to write a letter to the principal :) Not to tell on him or get him in trouble or anything, just to ask about my holidays.

Today's 5 things:

1) I got up and out the door fast enough to catch the early bus, which means I get to go home early today :)

2) It's Friday! Yay for the weekend.

3) I wore my Carebears t-shirt to work. It makes me happy.

4) It is nice and sunny again and I lay in the sun at lunch time.

5) Only 2.5 hours of boredom left until home time.

No comments:

Post a Comment