Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fire Drill Thursday

I'm back at my desk all day for the next week or so :( Testing is coming up and Mr B. insists on teaching all the classes alone. Luckily, I went to class and was having a chat with the students before he came and kicked me out. I asked why all the classes had been moved forward today, and they managed to tell me it was something to do with fire safety and that they had to listen to a long talk about fire safety or something. It's REALLY good I happened to ask, because at exactly 2pm all the sirens started going off and all the students started running around a leaving the building. Mr B. never thought to tell me not to worry about all the noise and sirens (and they must be doing something outside because it smells funny (like fireworks?). If the kids hadn't told me, I would have thought North Korea was attacking of something! I could have been really scared. It's official, Mr B is a dickhead. So, now there's been loud sirens, the teachers office smells like fireworks, and their broadcasting the fire safety talk through the whole school, so all I can hear is a whole lot of Korean and smell chemicals. Not the best afternoon ever. 

Seriously, did he not think to tell me? I'm kind of starting to actually move towards hating the man. And, I don't even get to take part in the fire drill, which sucks for two reasons, 1) it's nice and sunny outside and it'd be nice to escape my desk and hangout out there for half and hour, and 2) I have no idea what to do if there actually was a fire. Unlikely, the building is all brick and stone, but still. This job sucks donkey balls.

Anyway, in the spirit of my 'five things' goal (today's going to be a tough one though):

1) Sun! Seriously, I am not made for winter.

2) I think I'm starting to look different, and I'm pretty sure my tight pants are fitting better.

3) I bought some chicken bits at E-Mart yesterday and I'm going to roast them with lemon and garlic for dinner.

4) I had a fantastic dinner out with Courtney last night. We went to the 'nice' galbi place and it was so, so good! Had a really good time talking to her too, she's such a nice person :)

5) The fire drill is finally over, and I can hear myself think again! As I wrote that one of the nice ladies in the office came and told me 'fire fighting training - alarm - you scared?'. I said thanks, but I was ok, the kids had told me it was going to happen. Um, a little too late yeah, lady? 

No comments:

Post a Comment