Friday, April 13, 2012

Arrrrrrg! Friday.

That's a sound of frustration, not a pirate :D

After being so good to me yesterday about being sick, my co-teacher has once again turned dumb-ass. Yesterday he taught all my classes, and then when I attempted to teach my after school class, he cancelled it halfway through because he was 'concerned about my health'.. That was really nice of him (though it would have been a lot nicer if he'd cancelled it beforehand and just let me go home early). Anyway, I woke up this morning in a really bad way. My throat was so, so swollen, I could barely swallow, and my voice was wall weird. So, I texted Mr Baek and told him I was going to the doctors, and wouldn't be at school.. He rang me and told me I had to come to school so we could have a meeting about the open class (a class that parents can come and watch) that's happening in two weeks. He could hear my voice, and knew it was bad, but insisted I had to come for this meeting. So I asked if I could go to the doctor first, then come in. After he sorted that out in his head, that's what I did.

So, the doctor's given me some more medicine. Because the last stuff didn't 'cure my virus' he's now given me antibiotics to take for three days. I'm a bit wary of taking them. I know I'm no doctor, but I don't feel very confident I have a bacterial infection to cure (Doc was like "Hmmmm, maybe this will help?"), and if I take the antibiotics they're going to cause me other problems :( So, I've got my three days worth of pills, but I'm not going to start taking them until Monday, just in case things improve on their own. Nurofen knocks the symptoms down to totally bearable, so that's ok.

Back to Mr Baek. So, I'm pretty sick, he insists I come in for some meeting that's just me and him. The class isn't for two weeks, and I don't have to work on it over the weekend or anything. What I'm getting at is that it could certainly wait until Monday. I've been at work since 11, he said we'd have the meeting after lunch, and it's now nearly 3pm. He keeps asking me if I'm ok, because I look bad, and sound bad. I've tried all kinds of variations, and just get sympathetic non-committal noises in response. "I'm O.K", "Well, I'm not dying", "No, not really" - I don't think he's actually listening to me at all. And when I got in this morning he wanted to see my note from the doctor, and for me to go and say hello to the vice principle with him, So I went, VP asked me in Korean if I was ok, I said "Yes", and I was dismissed. 

Soooo, now I've just been sitting at my desk since 11am. Luckily I've actually had some work to do! I've had some exam questions to write for all the grades, but I'm all done now. I'm going to have to proofread it all next week when I'm not so sick to make sure there's not spelling errors all over the show. And now I've run out of work, feel crappy because I ate a chocolate muffin after going to the doctor (it wasn't even very good and made me feel kinda sick), and am waiting to see if this Very Important Meeting is even going to happen. My bet is it will, in maybe an hour, and will be a total waste of time and he probably could have just emailed me what he wants or waited until freakin' Monday.

What makes me so frustrated (I nearly cried in frustration at the water cooler!) is that Mr B will come over to talk to me, and hear my voice. My voice sounds like you'd expect a person with an innertube instead of a throat to sound (Ew, just freaked myself out with thoughts of 'The Stand'). Anywho, he can hear my discomfort, so he say - EVERY TIME - "Oh, are you ok? Are you sure you're ok?". NO YOU RETARD! I TOLD YOU, I'M REALLY SICK. I WANTED THE DAY OFF WORK. NO, I'M *NOT* OK!!!.. And then, I'll stab him with my jumbo-sized ballpoint pen, just to make my point.

Ahhh, cathartic. 
FYI: Crappy chocolate muffins are not cathartic. I made a conscious choice to eat them, but it was the wrong decision. Ah well, BBQ with Courtney tonight. I'mma order that fatty meat and make it alllll better.

Today's five things:
1) Imagining stabbing Mr B with my pen.

2) Imagining stabbing Mr B with my collection of flower shaped push-pins.

3) Imaging clipping bulldog clips to Mr B's nose.

4) Rubbing kimchi in all his tiny stab wounds.

5) Then ask, "Ooooh, are you Ok, Mr B?".

Mwahahahahahahaha.


*                    *                     *
I'd just like to add to this, now that the day is over. There was no meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment